Thursday, July 12, 2007

London July 11th-July 12th

July 11th, Wednesday:
FIRST DAY I'VE WOKEN UP ON MY OWN SINCE I'VE GOTTEN HERE *claps*!! Horray for me! So, I actually got to have breakfast this morning, it was great! We had classes again today! After classes, Holly, Anna, Kim, Kiley, Lexi, and I went to the British Museum. It was sooo awesome! For reals, I saw like the Elgan Marbles AKA THE PARTHENON! Way cool! Then, we made our way into the Assyrian carved wall things. And let me tell you, there is so much detail carved into the rock, it's unbelieveable. Like, so ornate and wonderful! Then, you will not even believe this. I saw the REAL ROSETTA STONE! How awesome is that? Very special moment right there. Then, things got a little less spiritual when I walked into the mummy section. There was a for real 2,000 year old dead body...and it still had hair and teeth. Kind of...gross yet interesting. I also found a necklace made of hummingbird heads just for Krista! Yay! Then, after the Asia (I just felt so at home) and Indian exhibit, we left for the Center for dinner (Note to self: Spiri DinDin).
After dinner, Kiley, Spencer, James, and I left for CAMDEN TOWN (Yes parentals...I went to CAMDEN Town!!!...scary)! We went to a Shiny Toy Guns concert at Dingwalls. We met up with the Aquabats, and went into the venue. It was a very small building, but only the BEST TIME EVER! The first two bands were pretty good (Neon Plastics, and some UK techno band). I also made some friends! Yay! They were nice and fun. But anyways, when the Shiny Toy Guns came on...the crowd went CRAZY! I was stuck in a mosh pit of crazy English people! It was sooo much fun! I was drenched in sweat, people were stepping on my toes, this girl kept whipping me with her nasty dreadlock hair, but yet, I LOVED IT! Just the atmosphere was so fun, and natural to me. When Shiny Toy Guns sang my favorite song of theirs, "Le Disko" I went CRAZY! People were tossing people around, somehow I got from the middle of the audience to the very front. I don't even know how! Ah you have to look at the pictures (Christian was there in spirit), it was crazy fun. Spencer thinks the girl singer (Cora, I think her name is) looks like a bird...but whatever...I think she's a hottie.
After the concert, we went back to the Center to get some shut eye!

.......................................
July 12th, Thursday:
So...I slept in until exactly 11:59AM! So, at least I woke up in the AM right!? I think I did good! After waking up and getting ready, Kiley, Ashley, and I went to the National Portrait Gallery (Leicester Squre stop). We got our homework, question answering stuff done, and the portraits were actually very amazing. I'm not a big art person, but it was so neato to see all these portraits of these monarchs I've been learning about. The contempoary art was also very very cool! We unfortuanately had to leave the gallery early for dinner.
After dinner, of course we went to the HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHEONIX movie! But first, on our way there, I realized that I left my glasses back at the center (at least our theater was close by at Whiteley's), so Lexi and Spencer walked back with me. Lexi was already dressed like Hermione. She had the earings, cloak, wand, Herbology book (aka her Spanish Bible), etc. So, she convinced Spencer and I to dress up. Spencer as Draco Malfoy, and Me as Asian Harry Potter. Oh it was wonderful! But, first we had to eat a Lebanese Mango (YUMMY!). But, I got all dressed up, and then we picked wants from the plants in the Center. But, as I was perfecting a spell, I broke my wand...so I ended up having to find a branch for my wand. Everything worked out though, don't you worry. Before the movie started, Spencer and I (more like Draco and I, Harry) had a battle. It was intense! We did it in front of the whole theater...everyone was clapping for us, and J.K. should so hire us for the next movie! I am replacing Daniel Radcliffe. The movie was INCREDIBLE. I loved it! And I want to see it again, and again, and again, and again, and AGAIN! Afterwords, Spencer, Lexi, and I posed for pictures. People in the audience stayed around to watch us pose...it was great. Oh good times. EXPECTO PATRONUM! LUMOS! STUPIFY! See pictures of this...YOU MUST!
Good night...I need to go perfect my poem critiques now!

No comments: